Each student in Kingsmeadow is expected to behave to the very highest standard and apply themselves with conviction in each area of their learning. Students are expected to follow our Attitudes to Learning policy, which is displayed throughout the school and both positive and negative incidents involving students are recorded onto our Behaviour Watch system, so we can track individual progress.
A Kingsmeadow student is expected to:
- Wear the correct uniform
- Follow instructions as directed by staff
- Always use appropriate and respectful language
- Adhere to the school policy on eating and drinking (no food or drinks outside of designated areas – chewing gum is not allowed in school)
- Follow the school policy on mobile phones (it is recommended that mobile phones are not brought into school and if they are, they are not to be used at any time without the explicit permission on a teacher).
- Keep to the left on all stairs and corridors and walk (not run) when on the school site
Teachers have statutory authority to discipline students whose behaviour is unacceptable, who do not meet the school expectations or who fail to follow the clearly outlined Attitudes to Learning policy.
Students can be disciplined for poor behaviour when they are taking part in any school organised activity, on the way to and from school or any occasion when they are in school uniform.
Sanctions which can be imposed for those students in breach of the Attitudes for Learning policy can be, but are not limited to:
- Discussions with a member of staff about behaviour expectations
- Detentions, both during school time and after school
- Being put on report to a designated member of staff
- Exclusions, both internal and external, depending on the severity of the incident
All of this information can be found on the school’s Behaviour Watch System.
The following items are banned from the school site. If they are brought into school they will be confiscated and disposed of by the school. If we have reason to believe a student has brought a banned item onto site they will be searched (consent is not required) by a member of staff (all searches are conducted with another member of staff present as a witness).
The following items should never be brought onto the school site:
- Knives and weapons
- Stolen items
- Cigarettes, tobacco and cigarette papers
- Pornographic images
- Any article which has been or is likely to be used: to commit an offence, cause injury to, or damage the property of any person.