Design and Technology Technician
Salary Point – Grade D – £17,072-£17,772 (Pro-rata to term-time only £14,537-£15,133)
37 hours per week
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated Technician to work within our Design and Technology department, preferably with both materials and Food Technology experience.
Kingsmeadow School has fantastic facilities and the Design and Technology Department runs a range of popular and successful courses at within the school.
Duties will include:
- Preparing, setting up and maintaining equipment in both workshop and catering environments
- Supporting teaching staff and students during lessons
- Ensuring a safe environment in compliance with the relevant regulations
- Monitoring stock, tools, machinery and ingredients
- Administrative tasks such as ordering stock, maintaining records and photocopying
- General duties as required by the school such as acting as a first aider and supporting groups of students as directed
Whilst it would be beneficial for applicants to have experience in these areas, training will be available for the right person.
If you have good organisational skills, a flexible approach and would like to join a forward looking and well equipped department then we would love to hear from you.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Mr Will Reynalds on 0191 4606004.
The closing date for applications is noon Thursday 18th January 2018
We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion. We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and appointments are made subject to enhanced DBS disclosure
Further details are available from the Headteachers PA, Audrey Rodaway on 0191 4606004.
Application documents are found below. Please ensure you read and complete each document as applicable.
Information for Potential Applicants
Appointment of Staff Checklist
Appointment Registration Statement
DBS Evidence of Identity
Evidence Required for Application