All students have the opportunity to learn an instrument or voice during their time at Kingsmeadow.
The following instruments and voice are available to learn with our specialist teachers:
Piano; guitar; singing; bass guitar; saxophone; flute; drum kit.
Here is an outline of the points to consider should you wish to learn an instrument or voice:
- One lesson per week is allocated to your child. This will be in a small group or on their own.
- The lessons cost £40 per child per term. This must be paid within the first few weeks of term. Please note – if lessons are started at the half-term point, only £20 will be charged for the remainder of that term.
- All lessons must be attended. If your child misses a lesson a warning letter gets sent home. Once three lessons are missed in a term the lessons are stopped and no money is refunded.
- It is your child’s responsibility to check their timetable, which will be outside of the Music Department. They will also be issued with a paper copy.
- The child’s instrument/voice must be practiced at least three times a week (KS3) and at least four times a week (KS4) and pupils must bring all sheet music they are provided with to the lesson. Failure to practice or turn up with the correct equipment will result in a warning letter, then lessons stopped if no improvement is made and no money will be refunded.
- All children having instrumental or singing lessons are expected to participate in at least one extra-curricular activity per week. The following extra-curricular activities run after school free of charge: Choir; Rock School; Youth Theatre; Steel Pan Band; Djembe Group.
- In the event of your child wishing to stop their lessons, you, the parent or guardian, must write to notify me of this. Your child must then continue for 4 weeks after you have notified me, so that a replacement can be found.
- If there is no space in the instrument that your child wishes to learn, they will be put on the waiting list and lessons will be allocated as soon as there is space.
If you are interested in your child starting lessons, please ask Miss Tindall for a letter and a form to complete.