Students in year 10 start their GCSE controlled assessment in textiles. They choose a set task from a range of briefs, then design and make a product.
The course is split up into two units. Unit 1 is the exam which is worth 40% of the exam and the design and make task is worth 60% of the overall mark.
1. Develop design and development skills through a variety of techniques.
2. Develop their knowledge and experience using CAD/CAM
3. Develop practical skills.
4. Understand properties and functions of a variety of materials.
5. Learn how to produce a quality product.
6. To have a good understanding of the design process.